It’s just over a week since I started tracking how much time I and my family spent outside. It’s been interesting to say the least. Just the process of tracking it made me spend more time outdoors. It was lovely to see this experiment resonated with others too after I read this article and wrote about it last week.
A few highlights of my week:
1. The weather was gorgeous which meant going outside was an obvious choice
2. School holidays started so the routine was easier to disrupt
3. Some days the kids spent almost the whole day outside – others not so much but it seemed to balance out over the week
4. The dog was the most grateful
5. We went on two family walks/scooters/bike rides with everyone (it has been months since we managed even one)
6. We rediscovered my son’s ‘secret passage’ taking us from a suburban street onto the lush green carpet beside our local creek (stunning and pretty magic)
7. Picnic rugs, bean bags and Sunday papers on the back lawn
8. Worst day I averaged 40 minutes outside, kids worst day was just over an hour
9. Really glad I gave up my gym membership – exercise is so much more nourishing outside
10. I spend a lot of time hanging out and folding washing on the clothes line
Oh, nearly forgot, the most exciting thing was that I weeded an entire garden bed which has been driving me c.r.a.z.y.
How was your week?